Bronze and SRC
This season Barwon Heads/13th Beach SLSC will be running SRC and Bronze Medallion awards concurrently.
Successful Bronze candidates will obtain the nationally recognised qualification Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) assessment may also be eligible to receive the SLSA Bronze Medallion.
The Bronze Medallion is the base award for our patrolling members and prerequisite to many further advanced Lifesaving awards. Successful candidates will be expected to participate in our patrol roster across the season, and strongly encouraged to participate in other club activities such as water safety for our Nipper.
The Surf Rescue Certificate can be obtained from 13 years of age, and provides basic knowledge of patrolling and surf awareness. Successful candidates can go on to participate in patrolling activities and water safety under the guidance of more experienced members.
When: Saturday 16th December-Thursday 21st December 2017
Times: 7.30am – 4.30pm daily (please note this is not a live in camp as in previous years. Please contact the chief instructor should you have any queries)
Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks daily
Family BBQ evening
Movie night dinner
All course materials
The following prerequisites must be adhered to:
- The participant must be a financial member of the club
- MUST be a minimum of 15 years old on the date of the examination
- Be able to complete a 400m swim in 9 minutes or less
- Timed 400m swim declaration form
- Be at least 13 years of age on the date of final assessment
- Ability to complete a 200 metre swim in five (5) minutes or less, unaided (goggles/mask permitted), in a swimming pool of not less than 25 metres, or over a measured open water course.
- Timed 200m swim declaration form
Prerequisite 200m (SRC) and 400m (Bronze) Swim Test
We ask that you undertake the swim test at your own local pool, and have a lifeguard or swim instructor sign off your declaration of ability to complete the swim the allocated time limit. This prerequisite is a mandatory safety requirement for all participants.
Please complete this swim and forward the declaration to the chief instructor no later than December 10th 2017. Failure to provide evidence of this swim will result in inability to participate in the course.
- Please ensure you meet the eligibility requirements
- Join or renew your membership and pay course fee
- Register for the course on Member Training From Anywhere
- Complete your pre requisite swim and email a scanned copy to the Chief Instructor no later than December 10th
- Please email the Chief Instructor with any details of medical conditions/allergies and dietary requirements that may be relevant whilst participating in the course
Barwon Heads/13th Beach SLSC